Share Excellent Practices
Train your team
Many successful charter schools that follow the BES model are facing a challenge: Now that they are positioned to replicate and serve even more students, who will lead these new schools? By developing leaders from within, the BES Emerging Leaders program meets this challenge head-on.
Outstanding BES and non-BES staff with strong leadership potential are encouraged to participate in this intensive program, held September through October. Through comprehensive on-site training, aspiring leaders are exposed to the best practices of the most successful urban charter schools in the country, and they develop the skills they need to manage their own high-performing charter school.
Emerging Leaders participants:
- work alongside BES Fellows
- attend BES Fellowship trainings in school culture, school mission, academic design, academic leadership, teacher selection, teacher development, curriculum development and school management
- train under nationally recognized experts
- consult one-on-one with BES staff
- visit more than a dozen high-performing urban charter schools
- participate in the Weekend Warrior Series
To learn more about participating in Emerging Leaders, please contact our Director of Academics at firstname.lastname@example.org