Is The Fellowship Right For You?
The Fellowship is designed for high-capacity individuals who are deeply committed to creating excellent charter schools.
If you have a track record of exceptional impact in your profession or in your community — and you share our core belief that academic achievement should drive all aspects of a school — then we encourage you to join us in Building Excellent Schools.
What experience do BES Fellows have?
BES Fellows represent a vast range of professional experience in such fields as education, business, nonprofit management, law and public policy.
Classroom experience is not a prerequisite for participation in the program, however most successful applicants have 3+ years of experience in the classroom. Additionally, all successful applicants to The Fellowship have had 2 years of professional experience.
What characteristics do BES Fellows share?
BES Fellows can be described as:
demanding of themselves and others
always willing to learn
It is essential that BES Fellows be in alignment with the BES approach, which is based on the following ten principles of school design:
- An unwavering belief that all students can, must, and will learn at high levels
- A clear, college-bound mission understood/supported by all
- Inspiring and demanding leader(s), adamant about academic results
- Teachers who are strategic, engaging, knowledgeable, and adamant about academic results
- A structured organization and culture that embraces urgency and efficiency and celebrates achievement
- Deep and rich curriculum, from skill mastery leading to college prep work
- Assessments frequent and rigorous with data analysis connected to immediate action plans
- Clear and frequent communication with parents on academics and behavior
- Discipline system consistently applied with high behavioral expectations for all
- Extended time for learning with multiple layers of student support
If you meet these criteria, we invite you to apply to the The Fellowship.