LENS: Leaders for Emerging Networks of Schools
Leaders for Emerging Networks of Schools, or LENS, is an intense training for individuals preparing to take on heightened leadership roles within urban schools. LENS participants study the best practices of successful charter schools from across the nation and develop their leadership voice and mindset through hands-on coaching. LENS is a valuable tool for schools looking to build their leadership bench and equip a new wave of leaders.
LENS provides robust content and training on:
- Developing a leader’s mindset, lens, and voice
- Managing strong adult culture by equipping and inspiring adults to perform successfully
- Setting appropriate school culture, including arrivals, transitions, thresholds, discipline, and classroom systems
- Delivering effective instruction, including curriculum, rigor, classroom routines and procedures, and assessment
LENS training consists of the following:
- Eight days of intense summer training
- June 23 (travel day) – July 1, 2019 | Boston, Massachusetts
- Two additional professional development trainings including four+ school observations
- November 6-8, 2019 | Boston, Massachusetts
- March 18-20, 2020 | Tennessee
- Leadership coaching with BES staff on a regular basis via phone, email, and through an online video coaching platform
- Leadership development self-assessment reviewed by BES staff
- On-site visit by BES staff member for observation and formal evaluative report
- Structured network of support with colleagues in the LENS cohort
To be considered, each LENS candidate must have:
- A nomination form completed and submitted by their school leader. Nomination forms can be submitted by using the “Nominate A LENS Participant” (link available when application opens).
- A completed and submitted candidate application.
The selection process for the 2019 cohort will open on February 19.
LENS Leaders Are:
- committed to school leadership
- aligned with the BES approach
- proven effective teachers at the classroom level
- recently elevated to leadership or considered to be on track for school leadership in one to two years
- available to participate in the full calendar of LENS training
LENS is $15,000 per participant. This includes:
- On-site trainings (initial eight days of training, additional six days of training)
- Hours of detailed leadership coaching from BES staff
- Access to the online coaching portal
- The leadership development self-assessment
- Travel, hotel accommodations, and food for on-site trainings
For more information about LENS, please contact Jill Dunchick at email@example.com.